CCMA TO HOST NATIONAL USER FORUM ON MINING
The Commission for Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration (CCMA) mission is to promote social justice through advancing good practices at the workplace and transforming workplace relations in order to enhance the labour market to ensure stability and economic growth.
On Thursday, 22 June 2017, the CCMA will be hosting a National User Forum on Mining, focusing on the Gold and Platinum Sectors, with the purpose of engaging with relevant Users and stakeholders on challenges and other common issues of interest.
According to CCMA Director, Mr Cameron Morajane, the importance of hosting such engagements lie in the fact that the labour market, in its very nature, is constituted by multiple stakeholders, with its stability reliant on effective social partnerships, built and maintained through effective social dialogue.
Presentations on identified strategic labour market issues, with specific reference to the mining sector, will be delivered by the following experts as follows:
- Status of the Mining Sector and related Challenges: Perspective from the employers: Dr Elize Strydom - Senior Executive: Employment Relations and Legal and Mr Henk Langenhoven - Chief Economist.
- Mining sector from a government perspective and governments’ Programme of Action - TBC.
- CCMA Trend Analysis – Mr Marius Kotze – Acting National Senior Commissioner: Operations and Outreach.
- An overview of the gold and platinum mining sectors: CCMA perspective – Mr Glen Cormack - Part–time Senior Commissioner.
- Challenges in Collective Bargaining with special focus on the Mining Sector – Mr Shimane Kgantse - Acting Senior Commissioner: Mediation and Collective Bargaining.
- CCMA Job Savings Strategy: Overview and Past Achievements– Mr Bongani Mbali - Manager: Employment Security Unit.
- CCMA Labour Market Interventions: Overview and Success Stories– Mr Hilton Mudau - Acting Senior Manager: Key Strategic Priorities.
- Case Law Monitor: Mining Sector – Ms Rebecca Moeketsi – General Manager: Legal Services.
For media enquiries, contact CCMA Senior Manager: GCRS, Ms Annah Mokgadinyane at AnnahMo@ccma.org.za or call 011 377 6951.
Issued by the CCMA
| Tags: | View Count: (2787) | Return