On Thursday, 11 May 2017, the CCMA will be hosting the annual Collective Bargaining Season Briefing to equip CCMA Mediation Commissioners in preparation for the commencement of the 2017 collective bargaining season.
The briefing is also an opportunity for the CCMA Mediation Commissioners to reflect on the developments in the labour market and engage experts on the challenges and opportunities influencing collective bargaining.
Experts that will be speaking at the briefing are:
- Ms Catherine MacLeod, Chief Director: Macroeconomic Policy, National Treasury;
- Mr George Mthethwa, Researcher/Educator, Labour Research Services;
- Mr Ian Macun, CCMA Governing Body Government Representative/ Director: Collective Bargaining, Department of labour;
- Ms Hameeda Deedat, Acting Executive Director, Naledi; and
- Mr Pule Mokoena, Executive Head of Research and Policy, Black Business Council.
According to the CCMA Director, Mr Cameron Morajane, facilitating improved collective bargaining is crucial for the promotion of orderly and healthy labour relations, and is one of the CCMA’s strategic priorities for the 2017/18 financial year as depicted in the 2017/18 Annual Performance Plan.
Issued By the CCMA
| Tags: | View Count: (2504) | Return