The Information Management (ICT) department has a vacancy for an ICT Governance Officer at National Office
Purpose: The ICT Governance Officer will be responsible for ICT Governance, Risk and Compliance within ICT. The incumbent will liaise with various stakeholders throughout the organization monitoring and evaluating the ICT standards with a focus on improving current business practices and processes in line with the CCMA’s objectives
Key Performance Areas:-
• Support the General Information Technology Officer (GITO) with the alignment to the Department of Public Services (DPSA) Information Communication and Technology (ICT) Governance directive
• Ensuring that there are correct ICT policies, standards and procedures conform to the relevant ICT Governance Framework and mandatory legislation and regulations, in place, as defined by Group Compliance.
• Define ICT RACI charts defining the acceptance of responsibilities in respect of various ICT related activities
• Manage day-to-day activities related to developing and advising on the ICT Functional Areas
• Development of governance documentation such as policies, standards, procedures and training
• Perform regular ICT Governance Maturity Assessments for the respective ICT Functional Areas
• Plan and coordinate ICT governance, risk and compliance related training and awareness
• Participate in any project-related work to address Technologies compliance
ICT Governance Documentation
• Manage ICT Governance policies, standards, processes and procedures. The development, enhancement, and maintenance across the documentation management lifecycle.
• Exhibit broad knowledge of governance, compliance and auditing frameworks and apply that in reviewing the quality of existing and new documentation.
• Recognize and identify potential areas where existing policies, standards and procedures require change.
• Support additional internal and external compliance activity as part of the Information Security and Governance team
• Engage directly with technical and business leadership across the organization to select, deploy and validate governance controls and compliance requirements are maintained.
• Knowledge sharing to identify new risks and trends that may need to be address in information security policies, procedures and standards.
• Design framework and define document structure for the disaster recovery plan documentation
• Assist the ICT Manager in reporting (monthly and quarterly) to the various Committees.
• Other ad-hoc responsibilities as and when required
ICT Risk management and Compliance
• Identify, evaluate, and assess both strategic and operational risks related to ICT
• Monitor and manage the action plans on the risk registers
• Perform periodic risk assessments in relation to ICT processes
• Ensure governance programs are in compliance with relevant laws, regulations and policies to minimize or eliminate risk and audit findings, according the requirements defined by Group Compliance.
• Ensure that ICT staff understand their role in risk management and compliance.
• Track and monitor ICT Compliance initiatives.
ICT Audit Management
• Conducting internal assessments of ICT Policies, Standards and Process compliance to ICT Audit standards.
• Manage relationships and interactions with internal and external auditors and risk management bodies, and reviewing and reporting on open issues both prior to and subsequent to issuance.
• Discuss the ICT Audit Plan.
• Collaborate with both internal and external auditors as well as ICT to define and agree audit scope.
• Facilitate all requests for information from Group ICT for audits.
• Follow-up and provide feedback on all ICT Audit findings by collaboration with ICT Management.
• Lead and manage the process of self-assessment as part of the overall ICT Governance Framework.
• Demonstrable analytical capability.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to deliver quality work product in a timely fashion in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks.
• The ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
• The ability to adapt to a dynamic, rapidly changing business and technical environment.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure and deliver against tight deadlines.
• A relevant Information Technology Tertiary qualification or NQF equivalent.
• 5 years’ experience in ICT Governance, Risk and Compliance, Specific ISACA qualifications will be an advantage: CoBIT certification, CRISC, CGEIT
• Skills in audit methodologies, especially within ICT environments, and related governance and quality standards, such as ISA, ISO9000, COBIT5, COSO etc.
• Experience and working knowledge of ITIL processes
• Project Management skills
• Solid communication skills both verbal and written
Closing date: 16 October 2018
To respond in confidence, please send your detailed CV, certified copy of your qualifications, and a covering
letter disclosing information that will assist the panel in considering your application to: email@example.com
When responding to the advert please ensure that the position reference Ref: GON10-18 is quoted first on the subject line, as is. Failure to observe this protocol may result in your application being disqualified
If we have not responded within a Month from the closing date, you should regard your application as unsuccessful. Correspondence will only be entered into with short-listed candidates. The CCMA reserves the right not to make an appointment. It is the intention of the CCMA to promote representativity in respect of race, gender and disability through the filling of the posts. Preference will be given to candidate from the designated groups.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Categories: | Tags: | View Count: (1216) | Return